Saturday 23rd June
When: Sat 23rd June | Time: 11 am | Where: Battle High Street | Cost: Free
Returning for another year is the wonderful display of entertainment, music, fancy dress and dance from local groups, organizations and businesses in our Carnival. A staple part of the Big Weekend, the Carnival is an ideal opportunity to inject some fun, music and cheer to the summer activities in the town and marks the opening of the famous summer fayre.
2018 Theme – Book Characters
Route & Times
The carnival forms at the Recreation Ground on North Trade Road where it will leave around 11 am and make its way down to the Abbey Green. There will be a short wait whilst on the green where some of the groups will perform and dazzle the crowd before returning back to the recreation ground for the official opening of the grand summer fayre.
Below you will find a list of confirmed entrants for the carnival, if you wish to take part then please use the contact form to get in touch.
- 4x4 Assist – Local 4x4 response for emergency service support, events, and recovery
- Battel Bonfire Boyes – Your chance to see the oldest guy in the world!
- Battle Community Singers – A local group of talented singers
- Bexhill Mini Club – A small collection of minis from Bexhill’s own mini enthusiasts
- Dynasty Reign Allstars – Competitive Hastings based cheerleading team
- Hughies Red Firebus – A wonderful tribute to Hughie from his dad Richard Pringle
- Pulse Dance Studio – An energetic dance studio based in St Leonards
- Scarlett’s Cafe – The local ultimate indulgence cafe for cake, milkshakes, and treats!
- Tornado Twirlstars – A Hastings based troop of majorettes
- Watermill Wolves – A group of famous wolves who have appeared in programmes such as Vikings!